I mostly work on the economics of social networks, with game theory models, experiments, and the analysis of complex networks.
I am working as Principal Investigator on the 2020-2023 PRIN project 2017ELHNNJ “The economics of vaccination”, financed by the Italian Ministry of Research.
At Bocconi, I am member of the BIDSA research center.
- App-based experiments [January 2023 version] with Tiziano Rotesi
- Learning and Selfconfirming Equilibria in Network Games [July2022 version] with Pierpaolo Battigalli and Fabrizio Panebianco
- A model of network formation for the overnight interbank market [June 2022 version] with Mikhail Anufriev, Andrea Deghi and Valentyn Panchenko
- Personal risk or societal benefit? Investigating adults’ support for COVID-19 childhood vaccination [May 2022] with Chiara Chiavenna, Laura Leone, Alessia Melegaro, Tiziano Rotesi, Scott Bokemper, Elliott Paintsil, Amyn Malik, Gregory Huber, Saad Omer and Maria Cucciniello
- Decentralized Pure Exchange Processes on Networks [March 2022 version] with Daniele Cassese
- Polarization when people choose their peers [February 2022 version] with Ugo Bolletta
- The value of social network in a monopoly market [May 2021] with Yongli Li, Chao Liu and Longji Wang
- Epidemic dynamics with homophily, vaccination choices, and pseudoscience attitudes [June 2021] with Matteo Bizzarri and Fabrizio Panebianco
- Building comprehension to enhance vaccination intentions: Evidence from the United States and Italy [June 2020] with Maria Cucciniello, Alessia Melegaro and Greg Porumbescu
- Peer Networks and Entrepreneurship: a Pan-African RCT [May 2019] with Fernando Vega-Redondo, Diego Ubfal, Cristiana Benedetti-Fasil, Charles Brummitt, Gaia Rubera, Dirk Hovy and Tommaso Fornaciari
App Lab is an easy to use app to run experiments on smartphones. It is available for both Android and iOS and it allows researchers to distribute experiments directly in subjects’ pockets. It is compatible with easy to use tools such as oTree and Qualtrics, and can also be used for notifications and payments.
Department of Economics and Statistics
Università di Siena